Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

{30 Book Challenge} 3rd Book Review

For my third book I chose Bread & Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes by Shauna Niequist. I had been seeing this book float all around blogs and news feeds, and every time I browsed Barnes and Noble. I was not a follower of Shauna's blog, so I wasn't too familiar with her when her book came out. So many people were raving about it, that it's been on my reading list for awhile now.
.

I must say that I loved every single page I read in this book! I seriously could of read it in one day if time would have allowed it! It's a book written about her love of food and how it's shaped her life and the joy of bringing people together over food. I was hungry all the way through thanks to her recipes and food descriptions!! I mean I want to join her cooking club! It's written in essay format with recipes at the end of each story, so it makes for a quick read! It was seriously so good, one of those books that I want to go out and buy in hardcover just to have! 
.
I give this book 5 stars for sure!


After I read, remember I didn't know her at all before, I quickly added her blog to my feed, and her instagram to my following list! While browsing her IG pics, I saw a picture of a print of a quote from the book. So I followed the links and found this site, Lindsay Letters, who collaborated with her to do some prints of quotes from her book. I fell in love with them and ordered this print to frame for my buffet table! A perfect reminder of what your dining table symbolizes!

"If the home is a body, the table is the heart, the beating center of it all."

Definitely add this book to your reading lists!!
HAPPY READING!!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Hey Tara! Off topic comment warning - are you not blogging for FW Mom's Blog anymore? I was looking at the site for outfit inspiration because we have photos tomorrow for Houston Moms Blog and I couldn't find you!