Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

R.I.P. Paci

I'm alive!!! Ok, a bit dramatic, but I'm still here...I can't believe its been 2 weeks since I've blogged about anything! Just this week I have started to feel like myself again...energy back, no sickness, just overall feeling much much better! Anyway moving on to this post!!
.
This is a very dear post to me! This will go down as a MILESTONE for our sweet little man! A little over a week ago, TEN days ago to be exact, we said goodbye to our dear friend, the PACI!!!
.
Our dear little green soothie has been with Lane since the day he was born...
and has been right by his side ever since! They had a deep bond and Lane hardly ever let it out of his sight!! And even though everything I ever read said to break this bond early, I was just fine with letting me keep his paci around!
.
However with a new little baby on the way, whom if he or she is anything like their big bro will love the paci as well, I figured we needed to get cracking on breaking this little pair up before baby got here!! Ya know just to make sure we had enough time to get it out of his mind so we wouldn't have a paci snatcher on our hands when baby arrives..ha!
.
So last Friday, the 24th, we told Lane the "Paci Fairy", who only visits BIG boys and girls, would be making a stop at our house to collect all his paci's to give to all the babies out there who need them more than he does!! In return for his bravery....the Paci Fairy would leave Lane some toys as a thank you gift!
.
So we made a little bag, went around collecting his paci's and set it out by the fireplace before he went to sleep! And night ONE...no crying, not even a "I need my paci"! We were shocked! No way could it be this easy!!
.

Saturday morning Lane woke up and found some goodies!
He was so excited about his trains, coloring books, and a Handy Mandy house!




That day was the hardest...he had two meltdowns that lasted for about 10 mintues. He would ask for it, but we kinda ignored it and he moved on! Night two and three: he cried for about 3 or 4 minutes and then he was out! Since then he has gone to bed every night with no crying or asking for it! I cna't even remember one time this weekend where he asked for it! During the day at daycare he has been doing great as well and takes his naps without it! So, he has been officially paci free for ten days!! I really can't believe how easy it was for us! I was just sure that this would be the hardest thing ever to do!
.
Lane, mommy and daddy know how much you loved your paci...but we are so proud of you for being such a big boy!!!

No comments: