Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Lane!

Lane,
Words really cannot express how much having you has changed mine and your daddy's lives! You have brought us so much joy, laughter, and love. From the minute I saw you, I knew my life would never be the same! We have loved every minute watching you grow up and discover and learn new things. You are such a sweet and funny little guy, but you are also definitely developing your own little personality! I can't wait to see what the future holds for you! I love you sweet boy!

Here are some pics of Lane this morning before heading off to daycare. He is all ready to go in his little Birthday Boy shirt! Such a sweet smile


Me and my one year old this morning, silly smile!
Tonight we decided to take Lane to Chuck-E-Cheese in honor of his birthday! So we headed over and met my grandma, aunt Terry and Bre and Garrett for some fun. Lane had a blast. He rode rides, played, walked around looking at everything going on around him, and even saw Chucky! No cake today though, we will save that for his party! He definitely wore himself out b/c on the way home he crashed! Here are lots of pics from tonight!

Lane and Chucky





"Who is this guy?"

"I'm being brave! "

Family shot!


Oh I almost forgot...Lane had his 12 month well check today also, busy day for a little guy! Here are his stats at one year...
Weight: 20 lbs. 8 oz.
Length: 28 in.
Head Circumference: 18
.
Doc said he is in great health. A little underweight but not too concerned. Our main goal right now is to increase his solid food intake. He is almost completly off bottles. We are only giving him the bottle when he wakes up and at night, otherwise its his sippy. He got three shots. Paul said he cried but quickly settled. He even got to pick a toy from the box for being a good boy!
.
Here are some other "stats" about Lane at one year...
-He loves his whole milk. A big amen to no more formula!!!!!!!
-He still is an AVID PACI sucker! I dread the day when he have to break him from that!!
-He loves to watch Noggin, Blues and the Backyardigans are his favorites.
-His favorite foods right now include applesauce, eggs, toast with jelly, any kind of bread, lima beans, chicken, rice, and his Puffs.
-Says mama and dadda on occasion.
-Is starting to imitate sounds we make.
-Loves to be outside.
-Want to walk everywhere on his own!
.
I am looking forward to my mom and both my sisters coming in on Friday! I love having them here. Countdown is on to party time!

5 comments:

Kensie said...

Happy Birthday, Lane!!! He looks SO cute and SO grown up!! Geez, the time is flying by!!! Such a sweet little man!!!

Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday to Little Lane! He is growing into a handsome little man. Can't wait for the party pictures! Cake all over the face....I hope you have a great time!

The Bird Family said...

What a big boy! And such a cutie too :)

Kensie said...

Geez, I'm SO glad you posted about Lane...makes me feel more normal!! We think he just likes being close to a warm body, because he's totally different in our bed! And yes, with two parents working....you gotta do what you gotta do!!! ;-)

The Bird Family said...

ya'll okay over there? we got hit really hard last night- just seeing how ya'll are!