Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Baby Story: Prepped, Ready, and Waiting!

Notice a new change on the old blog?? Yep, with a new addition to the family, it was time to officially change the name of the blog....so we are now....The Furr Four!! So mark it down peeps!!
.
Anyway, this week so far has been great. I love having a newborn and Levi has been such a good baby. We've had lots of family here, thus the lack of blogging, but I am ready to tackle getting the birth and first few days posted, theres just so many pictures to go through!!
.
So I think I'm going to do break things up and do smaller posts!
.
Our induction was set for 6:00 'o clock in the morning. I was a ltitle anxious about how the day would go. I got up about 4 and got ready. We got to the hospital and began the process of getting all hooked up! I came in at a 4 and the nurses were saying it would be a short day for me, and Paul and I were like whatever!!  Before they even started the pitocin I began having some contractions on my own.
.
Pictures began as well! First pic of labor!

By 6:45 I was all hooked up and the meds were coming!! Within the next thirty minutes to an hour contractions began...and Paul caught one of them...


We also took a pic of us while I was still somewhat pain free!


Contractions were getting much stronger, so in between sweating through each one, we were watching...
Yep, the Royal Wedding!!! I know Paul was thrilled but he didn't have much of a say, ha!
Sweet Levi has a Royal Birthday!!
.
By 8:30 I had had enough!! Yes, very low pain tolerance!! And by 8:45, I had my epidural and things were settling down!
.
Meanwhile, my sister and grandma arrived with Lane. I couldn't wait for him to get there! Thank goodness he wasn't really scared seeing me all hooked up.


I gave him his "Big Bro Bag" that was filled with goodies to keep him occupied through what I thought would be a long day!!

But I thought wrong!!

1 comment:

Rachel and Matt said...

I love the new blog changes! Can't wait to see more post of your wonderful day. Congrats!