Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Catch Up

Hello Friday and hello blog world!! January is always a really low key, boring month for us....coming off of the holiday craziness, no birthdays or celebrations this month, just going with the flow...which equals not a whole lot of blog worthy material, ha!
.
So what have I been up to lately....

1. Listening to Serial

I had been seeing this pop up ALL over social media and a few blogs I follow, so I was curious and checked it out. It's a podcast telling the story of a young man, who back in '99, was convicted of murder of his ex.  I had never listened to a podcast, but like most things I had been reading and seeing, I was immediately hooked! The narrator, Sarah Koenig, was wonderful to listen too! It's very intriguing and makes you look at murder cases a little differently! You should definitely check it out!!
.
2. Getting ready for our Mexico trip

We leave a week from Sunday and I am so ready!! I can't wait for four days of beach, sun, swimming, and lots of fruity drinks!!
.
3. Planning our NYC 10 Year Anniversary Trip

There are NO words for how excited I am to be finally going to NYC!! Our 10 year is this July, and after some convincing, we chose New York! Our flights are booked, and I've been doing so much research on hotels and things to do there!! I can't wait!! Oh and if you have any hotels recs please do so!
.
4. Working on the boys new shared bedroom
I'll do a much better and bigger post once it's complete, but I've loved putting this room together piece by piece for the boys! Here is one of my favorite things....
 Once Levi plays his first season of baseball, I'll swap out his soccer picture, but for now I think this is so sweet!! Poster cred here!
.
5. Reading

I've finished two books and started number 3! I'll recap those in a post soon!
.
6. Feeling so sad that Parenthood ended last night

As most of you out there, I love this show...I love the writing, the characters, love it all! I hate that it's over, but what can you do. I thought the finale last night was beautifully done. Of course I cried through most of it, but also smiled alot...and the end...man, so much to take in there, I actually had to do a little rewinding to make sure I was actually seeing what I was seeing (ahem, four kids for Joel and Julia)!!

.
And I guess that's it for now!! Hope ya'll are having a great Friday!!! Yea for the weekend!!!


post signature

No comments: