Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Show us Your Life: Baby Names!

For those of you who don't follow Kelly's Korner, (is there really anyone who doesn't!), every Friday she hosts a "Show Us Your Life" on different topics! It is always interesting to read and I've always wanted to participate but just never have. Until today! I saw today's topic and knew I had to finally play along! I mean who doesn't love to discuss baby names!!
So let me first say that I don't have any deep family roots to my names or anything! Just going with names that I find unique and that I love!
.
So onto the name of my only kiddo right now. Before we found out that we were having a boy, we each had a list going of names we liked but nothing picked out. Once we knew for sure it was a boy, we started trying to pinpoint a name. Some of our favorites were...Brody, Brady, and Austin. I think there were more but can't remember! Anyway, the summer I got pregnant I worked a camp with a friend, and there were two brothers that were just adorable! I mean precious, smart, polite, cute little boys! And their names were Lane and Cole. And I fell in love with Lane. It was different, unique and the best part was that I had never taught a Lane!! Which makes being a teacher and having babies hard...you always revert back to the kids you've taught! Anyway, I mentioned Lane to Paul and he loved it right off! It was the only one we both agreed on completly! Once we had the first name, the middle name came easy. Since he was the first boy, I wanted him to have Paul's middle name which is Michael....so there it is...our first baby's name....
LANE MICHAEL!
.
Now, onto future childrens' names! My list has changed alot! And I'll tell ya why! When we picked Lane it was totally random, no letter must haves, no connection to anything, nothing! But now...we have a unique situation! All three of us have the same number of letters in our first and last names....4! I love that we have a neat, cool little connection thing! So I, (I say I because I'm not really sure if the hubby cares or not, HA!) would love to keep that and give our next child a four letter name.
.
So here is my BoY name list:
*Levi (my fav)
*Luke
(not a real choice anymore b/c a family member recently named their child Luke Furr, darn!)
*Rhet
*Liam
*Austin (for a middle name)
*Kale (sorry Britt!)
.
GiRl name list:
*Leighton
*Landry
*Reese (middle name choice)
*Lexi
*Madyn
*Kadyn (our top girl name with baby #1)
*Emry (Paul not a fan)
.
As you can see the whole four letter girl name is much more difficult!! I just can't seem to find one I LOVE! I love the first two girl names, so I guess we'll just have to make that decision IF I were to have a girl!! So, if you have any four letter girl name...PLEASE SHARE!!
.
I know alot of the names are "L", but that is just a coincidence...sticking with the same letter is not something I planned and even care to have....just love those names!
So there you have it! My name list!

2 comments:

Kyle and Marci said...

Thinking about baby names, eh? Did I miss a post?

sixsweetsmiths said...

I have a Cale! Love the name!