Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

North Carolina!

Our trip to North Carolina was great! I have to brag on Lane...he did awesome, on both the plane ride there and back! Majority of the flights he slept, and when he was awake he was looking around or drinking a bottle! He hardly made a peep on both flights! I received many compliments on him!
***
Now, with that being said, let me go back to the beginning of our trip! On our first flight over I had an aisle seat. Lane was asleep in my arms and the attendants were doing their drink service. They were right by my seat, and all of the sudden something hot hits Lane and I...yep, she split coffee all over me and on Lane's poor little head! Majority of it was on me so its was pretty hot, when I realized what had happened I quickly wiped Lane's head...but he woke up and started crying. Luckily, he setteled down. However, the flight attendant was very eager to make sure that I would not do anything I guess b/c from then on out she was totally kissing up to me, offering me stuff and constantly checking on Lane...it was pretty funny!
***
Here is Lane on the plane!
So after that we made it N.C.....my mom and sis were picking us up and we were waiting at baggage...my suitcase arrives...wait wait wait...hum...where is the car seat!!!?? NOT IN N.C.!!! They lost my car seat..of all things to take off a plane!! Talk about luck right. So after cooling down from being mad, talking to the airline, we got a "loner" carseat to use b/c we could not go anywhere without one....so here is the one the airport gave us...nice huh!

We did get it back early the next morning!
***
Our whole trip was alot of fun. Lane got some good grandma time in! Between my mom, stepdad, and two sisters, I honestly did not even hold him much!! They loved on him all day every day! This next pic is of Lane and Shelby, our toy poodle....At first Shelby was very interested in Lane and vice versa...but then Lane pulled out a chunck of her hair and that about did it! For the rest of the time Shelby wanted nothing to do with Lane! But Lane loved her and always reached our for her when she was near!

Lane was very spolied this past week! He got his first taste of some popsicles! He loved them!


On one day we went out to the Outer Banks of N.C. It was very pretty...we stopped by a light house (my first one), and went to the beach for a while....which again, Lane loved!

Here is Rachel, Lane and my momLane and Aunt Brittany


I am so glad that we got to go visit my family. It was Lane's first out of state trip and he will probably never even remember it!

No comments: