Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

An Unwanted "First"

You know me...I'm all about celebrating and remembering all the fun "firsts" of my boys! Well, last Wednesday night Lane got a first that I don't want to celebrate but it's definitely worth documenting....his first black eye!!
.
No, he didn't get punched!! He ran smack into a metal pole after running out of a gym....running one way...looking another...then turning around and running right into it.
.
He shed lots of tear...and it was pretty darn nasty! I know being a mommy to two boys these bo-bo's are bound to happen, but that doesn't make them any easier. Lane was not one to want to hold an ice pack on it...so the swelling took awhile to go away.
.
So, over the past week we have watched Lane's eye change all sorts of yucky colors! He likes looking at himself in the mirror in the mornings. I feel so bad for him, but what can you do....except take pictures if you're mommy!! And that's what I have done to document this first black eye!!
Night it happened...a nice little bump right on his eyebrow.

Day 2
(I-phone photo..color is weird)

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 7

Hopefully he will learn to pay a little bit more attention to where he is going...and hopefully this will be his first and only black eye! I know,wishful thinking right!

No comments: