Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2016

{A Baby Story} Luke's Birthday

Hello Friends!! It's been almost a month since I last blogged and well...a lot has changed!! We are now a family of FIVE!!!! It's still sounds surreal!
.
This past month has been a whirlwind and has flown by...I've been soaking up these precious newborn days because I know just how quick they go by. 
.
I'm ready to start blogging again and I have a list a mile long of posts I need to write...but I'm starting with Luke's birth story! I want to get it down before I forget anything! So here we go...
.
Thursday, May 5th, 2016 started like any other day...getting the boys up and ready for school. I went to Muffins with Mom that morning at Levi's school at 9:15 then back home. I came home and did a few things around the house then left again around 11ish to meet Paul for lunch at Carinos! Sidenote: Paul's lunch was so spicy that we joked that if I had eaten that whole thing I'd definitely go into labor right then and there! And yes I did eat a few bits...hmmm!? 

I drank a little water for lunch...After lunch I had about an hour and a half till I needed to pick up Levi and didn't want to go all the way home and turn around and come all the way back, so I decided to run into a few stores as I was making my way to Southlake. I stopped at Kohls and Target...and I had no water with me. I keep mentioning my water intake bc it has a role in my labor story!
.
I picked up Levi at 2...ran by the store, then went to sit in the pick up line to get Lane at 2:45....still hadn't drank anymore water since lunch.
.
Once we got home, the boys played and did whatever...I sat down and relaxed a bit....walking around those two stores had literally worn me out that afternoon. Lane had baseball practice that night, so around 3 something he got ready. At 4:06 I had my first uncomfortable contraction....the kind that stops you in your tracks and makes you think "huh, that was pretty intense." I proceeded to have several more of these and I started writing them down. Meanwhile I called Paul, who was on his way home to let him know and my mom who was in Waco. I told her that I thought this may be it and to be on standby to haul booty up here! By the time he finally got home I kinda thought this was it...however, the contractions were not regular by any means nor were they 5 minutes apart. One thing that they were though was painful!! I decided to call my doctors office (even though I knew my doctor was not there...she was gone the whole week), and after explaining what was going on and telling him that this was my third kid, he said to head straight to L&D! During all this Paul had ran Lane to baseball practice and I was running around getting everything together! The minute the doctor told us to go we loaded up the car, raced back over to pick up Lane (luckily his practice was on the way) and headed to the hospital!

.This is where things got interesting. We got there, checked in and placed into a room. The nurse came in, hooked me up, and after a bit checked me and I was at a 2....exactly where I was on Tuesday at my last checkup. I had made no progress....how weird!? So she started asking me all about my day and about how much water I had drank! I started going back through the day and realized I had in fact not drank that much, but didn't understand why this mattered....I was in labor lady!! She then went on to say that I hadn't drank enough water and that I could be having "dehydration contractions"! Um, what!?! She said they would monitor me for an hour and go from there. But that it didn't look good for me staying there! Meanwhile the contraction started getting extremely painful...I knew these were different and the real deal.
.
I couldn't believe that there was a chance I could be going home! So when the nurse came in about an hour later and said "well you're not going to like me but the on call doctor is sending you home" I lost it and started crying. There was just no way I could go home and be in this much pain. While she was telling me some things I could do at home, I had a really bad contraction and she stopped and said "ya know just for my sake I'll check you one more time...
.
Well thank the lord she did because I was at a 4! I was so grateful she checked or else we could of had Luke at home!
.
That was probably around 6:30-6:45. Once it was established that I was in fact in labor....and not suffering from dehydration contractions...things got started...IV's, monitors, epidural, water breaking....all that jazz! Before I knew it it was around 11 and it was go time! With about three contractions worth of pushing Luke James was born!!


Perfect and Precious...

at 11:16 pm...

weighing 7lbs. 14 oz.

 21 inches long...

 and with a head full of dark hair!




My third and final little boy!!!


Levi had fallen asleep but Lane was still awake and eager to meet his newest brother! Lane was so excited the whole night!



My bookend babies!

My precious Cinco de Mayo baby!! 


post signature

No comments: